The 10th UIC ERTMS World Conference will focus its attention and efforts on the roll-out of interoperable ERTMS onboard systems in Europe and, more generally, throughout the world. Initially developed for the European network, ERTMS has become a benchmark for many railway networks around the globe, hence the overarching theme of the conference: “ERTMS – Global Dimensions”.
The Organising Committee of the UIC ERTMS World Conference has finalised the conference programme.
Key speakers at this 10th edition will be:
- Siim Kallas, Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for Transport (invited)
- Karel Vinck, European Coordinator ERTMS
- Marcel Verslype, Executive Director of the European Rail Agency (ERA)
- Gunnar Malm, CEO of the Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket)
- Michele Elia, CEO of the Italian Infrastructure Manager (RFI/FS)
- Jean Pierre Loubinoux, UIC Director-General
- Libor Lochman, Executive Director the Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER)
- Michel Van Liefferinge, General Manager UNISIG (Association of the European Rail Signalling Industry)
Some interesting topics that will be presented:
- ERTMS Regional presented by Per-Erik Ingels, technical coordinator of ERTMS at Trafikverket (Sweden) as a cost-effective solution for low density regional lines worldwide
- OpenETCS presented by Dr Klaus-Rüdiger Hase, Manager ETCS Onboard Program, DB Netz AG ( Germany) Speeding up the process of bug fixing in ERTMS software by using formal methods, creating an “open proof” software and give freedom to use, analyse, change and distribute it: this is the challenge of this new project funded in the frame of Information Technology for European Advancement (ITEA 2)
- Challenges to the California High Speed Train Project in Implementing ERTMS presented by Ibrahim Muftic, Train Control Lead, CHSTP, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Inc. United States
- A joint presentation by TCDD (Turkish Railways) and Invensys on the Turkish Experience with ERTMS, demonstrating that it is a key element of its network modernisation
- The future of telecommunications for ETCS focusing on GPRS and IP solutions for railways, a presentation by Dan Mandoc, Senior Advisor UIC and Chairman of ERIG.
ERTMS 2012 Exhibition A large number of exhibitors will present their solutions and technologies. Among them:Trafikverket and UIC, Thales, Invensys Rail, Siemens Transportation, Mermec SpA, Ansaldo STS, Bombardier Transportation, GE Transportation, Kapsch CarrierCom AG, Multitel, Frequentis AG, ERSA, Pixy et ERTMS Solutions, AZD Praha SRO, Sagem Communications, Wenzel, EurailPress
ERTMS Regional test trip
ERTMS Regional is the result of international collaboration within UIC. The Regional system has been developed from the specifications to meet the requirements for a traffic control system for low density lines. Trafikverket, the Swedish Transport Administration, is the first railway administration to have used this specification to develop and to implement ERTMS Regional. The ERTMS Regional test trip, held on 24 April and coordinated by Trafikverket and Bombardier, will show how the ERTMS concept is applied to achieve optimum solutions, even for reduced infrastructure cost on low traffic and regional lines. Places will be limited to 400 and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
There are still some exhibition booths and a few sponsoring opportunities left! : http://www.ertms-conference2012.com...
For more information and online registration, please visit the ERTMS 2012 conference website: http://www.ertms-conference2012.com
Contact for exhibition and sponsoring: firstname.lastname@example.org