Hop on to the future!
There is a transformation underway in the way that passengers buy tickets to travel on Europe’s railways. The industry is moving away from its traditional bespoke ticketing methods and adopting processes and technologies developed by other carriers and industries. This move is a response to the need to reduce distribution costs and meet customers’ changing service expectations.
Why this workshop?
Railways are introducing useful innovations such as print-at-home and mobile tickets, smartcards and e-tickets in response to their local needs and conditions. There is currently no common industry direction or industry-wide business case, such as developed for the airline industry.
Why should I attend?
The UIC e-ticketing conference is an opportunity for the industry to share thinking and discuss options for the development of rail ticketing in Europe:
- Showcases ticketing innovations and unpicks the investment case
- Explains anticipated European regulatory changes affecting the industry
- Stimulates debate about the need for further cross-industry harmonisation
- Examines the growing case for integrated, multi-modal ticketing across urban boundaries
- Considers the challenges for e-ticketing providers and distribution partners
Participation is in principle open to any interested party. Registration is required before the deadline: 28/09/2012
Participation is free of charge for delegates from financing project members. Delegates from other parties or the supply industry will be charged 350 EUR. This fee includes participation in all sessions on both days, refreshments according to the programme, drinks reception and dinner on 24 October and the conference documentation in electronic format (PDF).
For further information on the workshop and to register for this workshop: http://www.uic.org/IMG/pdf/12hn-p_e...