The Occupational Health and Safety and Human Factors working groups of the UIC Safety Platform are pleased to inform you that the study on the “Management of distressing events and prevention of post-traumatic stress” is now complete. The French, English and German versions are now available in electronic and paper format.
The document comprises two parts:
- Checksheets (in booklet form)
- Guide containing a number of recommendations
The strategy for managing potentially traumatic events is broken down into five key phases:
- Risk assessment
- Preparation and prevention
- Post-intervention and follow-up
- Appraisal, including reports from experience
The checksheets are intended for operational staff, managers, support workers and directors. They provide information on awareness-raising and training before, during and after a potentially traumatic event.