In less than 3 months, from 17 – 19 October 2012, all the main players involved in rail freight and logistics systems around the world will meet in Tangier, Morocco, for the 3rd UIC Global Rail Freight Conference (GRFC).
This conference is jointly organised by UIC and the Moroccan State Railways (ONCF) under the High Patronage of the Authorities of the Kingdom of Morocco, and in partnership with a number of institutions and associations including the World Customs Organization (WCO) and the International Container Bureau (BIC), etc.
The city of Tangier, a location with rapidly expanding activities as an international industrial and transport hub – at the crossroads between Europe, the Maghreb and Africa, and more generally the entire Mediterranean region – is going to welcome professionals and decision-makers who will debate the conference theme “Rail Freight – What Role in the Evolution of Global Logistics?” This conference will follow the 2nd edition successfully held in Saint-Petersburg in July 2010 in the presence of over 400 participants from 40 countries.
Debates at GRFC round tables and plenary sessions will address the latest developments and perspectives on a number of important issues such as:
- Intermodality, multimodal partnerships (between rail, ports, shipping lines, industries…)
- Development of international, intercontinental rail freight corridors, land bridges
- Optimising the global logistics chain through new technologies (transport management, information systems, safety and security…)
- The role of the Maghreb and the Mediterranean region as an important hub for transport and logistics systems at the crossroads between Europe, Maghreb and Africa, and the Middle-East
Confirmed high-level speakers at the 3rd UIC/ONCF Global Rail Freight Conference include:
- HE Mr Aziz Rabbah, Minister of Equipment and Transport;
- HE Mr Abdelkader Aâmara, Minister of Industry, Trade and New Technologies of the Kingdom of Morocco;
- Mohammed Rabie Khlie, Director-General of Moroccan Railways (ONCF) as well as Chairman of the UIC African Region;
- Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director-General of the International Union of Railways (UIC);
- Marc Juhel, Transport Division Manager at the World Bank in Washington;
- Jean-Louis Guigou, Director-General of IPEMED;
- Alexander Saltanov, Vice-President of JSC Russian Railways (RZD);
- Ferdinand Schmidt, CEO of ÖBB Produktion, Austria and Chairman of the UIC Freight Forum;
- Jean-Michel Genestier, Deputy Director-General of SNCF Geodis;
- Gaozhang Zhu, Director of Compliance and Facilitation at the World Customs Organization (WCO);
- Pierre Enderlé, President of the Board of STVA;
- Alessandro Ricci, Chairman of Unione Interporti Riuniti, Italy;
- Armand Toubol, New Opera;
- Mr Bao Qifan, Port of Shanghai;
- Michel Hennemand, Chairman of “Bureau International des Containers et du transport Intermodal”(BIC);
- Moha Khaddour, ONCF, UIC Security Platform.
The 3rd UIC/ONCF Global Rail Freight Conference will also provide an opportunity for exhibitors and sponsors to present their products and achievements in the frame of the GRFC Exhibition (with standard booth or specific booth) and the conference sessions.
A programme of technical visits in the Tangier area will be confirmed very soon.
Save the date and register now! Information and registration via the 3rd GRFC website: