DIOMIS has the objective of :
- Achieving the productivity gains underlying the conclusions of the UIC Combined Transport Group (CTG) Capacity Study, published in June 2004, regarding the rate of utilisation of the available Infrastructure in 2015
- Encouraging new types of cooperation between all stakeholders in Combined Transport (CT) : terminal operators, CT operators, shippers, railway undertakings, infrastructure managers, national and European authorities
- Describing and helping to implement optimal capacity management models at terminal level in order to use the available capacity in an optimal manner
- Adapting and improving more effective operating practices in terms of railway operation in order to relieve a saturated network and respond to future market requirements
- Describing the benefits of an international approach towards planning and production, and lay down the basic principles for a common approach towards improvement of intermodal services
- Learning to grow Rail Freight traffics on a saturated railway infrastructure
- investigate the wagon problematic which is the third parameter which can hinder capacity and constrain growth.