Study on the contribution of psychology to railway operation safety
The objectives were as follows:
- Collect and disseminate to networks that are members of the Safety Platform (SPF) information about practices and use of psychology for railway safety purposes.
- Produce a set of recommendations.
The study covers:
- ongoing aptitude evaluation,
- re-evaluation of professional skills in case of doubt in particular after accidents,
- psychological support,
- project management (technical, organisational, related to the profession),
- feedback on experience.