Chairman : Benoit Joly, INFRABEL
Vice-Chairman : Colin Clifton, South Eastern Railway
Members: OHSG is composed of occupational health and safety experts from the larger European railways and agencies.: LSER (ATOC), Infrabel, Network Rail, Prorail, RFI, SBB, SNCF, Trafikverket, Trenitalia, ZSR.
Members of other railways attend on a subject specific basis.
Meetings: 3 to 4 times a year
The Group’s mission and purpose includes:
- Promoting effective management of occupational health and safety throughout UIC member organisations.
- Seeking and sharing examples of best practice to encourage mutual learning and convergence in occupational health and safety management practices.
- Reviewing occupational health and safety measures applied by the member companies and national agencies and identifying strengths and areas for development.
- Identifying and, where it is in the railways’ interest, seeking to influence relevant European directives and standards affecting occupational health and safety.
- Considering methods for implementing occupational health and safety directives and standards appropriately within the railway context.
On-going work includes:
- Discussion and analysis of typical occupational accidents within the railway sector
- Examination and adaptation of technical directives on occupational health and safety
- Collaboration with and contribution to the annual EU Safety Week
- Collaboration with CER CER Community of the European Railways and the International Union of Railway Medical Services (UIMC) within the domains of staff selection, developing human resources and occupational medicine.
- Management of noise risk
- Development of guidance on effective accident and incident investigation
- Statistics on accidents at work
- Study of safety distance from open tracks at different speeds of operation
- [OHSG Meetings: http://uic.org/baseinfo/reunion/reu...]
Senior Advisor - International Training