Once the project has been validated by the European Management Committee, the Project Manager must:
- identify the tasks and relevant technical work batches, as well as the corresponding work phases
- determine the most appropriate method of carrying them out
- specify the financial needs of the Project.
The Project Director and Project Manager must :
- check the coherence of the tasks involved
- assure planning visibility for the different tasks (MS Project – Appendix D) and stages, and report any risk-involving aspects
- decide the project symbol and title
- ensure that the different aspects of the project are reflected in the « project sheet – Appendix A » describing the project, its added value and technical/financial features,
- Define the division of tasks, in particular as between the Project Manager and the Head of Mission (see paragraph 4)
- An analytical code must be allotted to the project by the Accounts Section ; it shall accompany the project throughout its duration.
- An environment for sharing working documents on the project can be developed (see Hugo Michel).