Chairman : Hans Vogt, SBB,CFF
Members : BLS, CP, DB AG, JBV, JR-Group, JRE, NS, ÖBB, ProRail, RENFE, RSSB RSSB Railway Safety Standards and Boards , SNCF, SBB, Trafikverket, Trenitalia + participation of representatives of UIC Safety Unit.
Meetings : 4 times a year
IRSN has the goal to foster safety for railways by
- Exchanging of safety experience and backgrounds
- Learning from each other
- Facilitating good and trusting relations among railway safety experts
- Deep information about relevant safety issues
- More than seven surveys for comparing safety practices in the different companies
- Measurement System for Safety Culture
- Building Safety : Comparison of damages by fire etc.
- Impact of broken train coupling
- Safety of shunting workers
- Safety risks in overcrowded trains
- Eyesight requirements for train drivers
- Runaway rolling stock due to wind...
- Three safety notices
- Continuation of the work in the sense of the policy (Exchange of safety experience, learning from each other)
- Further enhancement of efficiency without fostering administration
- Evaluate how to go on with safety notices
Head of Safety Unit