eBusiness is any business process powered by an IT application. Information Technology supporting eBusiness must be viewed as an integral strategic asset for improving the effectiveness of any railway’s core business.
The UIC eBusiness “centre of competence” will serve to elaborate technical and process requirements supporting eBusiness and provide a strategic resource for our members in a transparent manner by:
- Offering consistent, expert IT consulting and project management services across all UIC activities and domains,
- Harmonising data exchange standards across all domains
- Managing common reference files on behalf of our members (ENEE ENEE European Railway Location Database , RICS RICS Company code (also called RICS code or railway code) )
- Providing technical competence in data modelling, standards and message development,
- Disseminating information on railway IT best practices and facilitating the exchange of experience
- Representing UIC within other standards organisations (UN, ISO, CEN CEN European Committee for Standardization Controls , OSJD OSJD Organisation for the Collaboration between Railways (OSZhD) , etc)
By offering these services, the UIC eBusiness Competence Centre provides an invaluable tool to its members and the world-wide railway community.
The eBusiness Centre of Competence is uniquely placed to offer expert services to the supply industry. Customers are drawn from UIC members, forums, the European Commission and outside organisations that need the benefit of railway IT experience and standards. The service offering may comprise:
- Business analysis services and
- Technical services.