UIC/CER joint working group
Since the programme of work of the European Union Agency for Railways (EUAR) is very wide-ranging and is time-critical given the need to comply with the Commission’s timescales, this group generally meets once a month.
SSMG assists the UIC Safety Platform (Safety Directors) and experts (CER-appointed "Speakers") sitting on the working groups in charge of safety issues at the EUAR, assess topics and suggest position papers to be adopted by the CER EUAR Steering Unit.
SSMG/CER Safety Support Group also regularly organizes specific meetings with EIM, ILGGRI (National Safety Authorities: NSAs) and EUAR, to exchange points of view about these topics and prepare common understanding about the European legislation and work.
Main work items:
- Ongoing process about the implementation of the 4th railway package (technical pillar) on safety issues: EUAR “Practical Arrangements” for granting “Single Safety Certificate” (SSC), EUAR IT tool “One Stop Shop” (OSS) for SSC and Vehicle Authorisation (VA),
- Common Safety Method on Risk Assessment, (CSM RA)
- Revision of the Common Safety Method on Conformity Assessment (CSM CA) and CSM on Supervision (CSM SUP),
- CSM on Monitoring (CSM M)
- Safety Performance/Safety Indicators,
- Common Occurrence Reporting (COR)/Safety alert (SAIT),
- Join Network Secretariat (JNS),
- Safety Culture and Human Factors