The UIC Sustainability Conference 2012, organised by FS and UIC, will be held in Venice from 25 – 27 October 2012. The 12th UIC Sustainability Conference, jointly organised by the International Union of Railways and Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane will take place in the unique and charming city of Venice in Italy. The following are a selection of speakers confirmed for the first day: On the first day the conference will feature high-level speakers from the Railway Sector, United Nations, the EU Commission, Italian Government:
- Mauro Moretti, CEO Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane, Vice-Chairman of UIC, Chairman of CER
- Corrado Passera, Italian Minister of Infrastructure and Transport
- Vladimir Yakunin, President, Russian Railways
- Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director-General, UIC
- Marc Juhel, Sector Manager for Transport, World Bank
- Ralph Wahnschafft, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Joachim Kettner, Deutsche Bahn AG, Chairman UIC Environment, Energy & Sustainability Platform
- Philippe Citroën, Director General, UNIFE
- Libor Lochman, Executive Director, CER
- Alfredo Sanchez Vicente, Project Manager – Transport, European Environment Agency
On the second day along with parallel sessions of the UIC Sustainability Networks, the RIVAS project will be holding its mid-term conference. This project funded within the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission aims at reducing the environmental impact of ground-borne vibrations while safeguarding the commercial competitiveness of the railway sector. The conference will take stock of the achieved research results and will attempt to define the way ahead.
The conference, free for UIC members, is filling up fast, so register online now to be sure of your place!