The RIVAS consortium (under the coordination of UIC) is inviting you to its 3rd public workshop that will be hosted by UNIFE in Brussels on October 9th, 2013.
Save your seat – Register now!
Why should you attend?
- You are a rolling stock expert, a track maintenance specialist, a supplier;
- You are interested in ways to reduce railway induced ground vibration;
- You consider new technologies as part of the solution.
Then you are welcome to participate in the Public Workshop “Reducing Railway Induced Ground Vibrations by controlling the Source – Rolling Stock and Maintenance Aspects”, Brussels (Belgium), 9 October 2013 Join us for this one-day event in Brussels!
Don’t hesitate to forward this information to any colleagues who might be interested in the topics that will be addressed (see provisional agenda)!
- Excitation mechanisms of ground borne vibration
- Basics of train/track interaction
- Important design parameters for vehicle
- Influence of different types of wheel out-of-roundness on wheel-rail contact forces
- The art of wheel reprofiling
- Solutions for optimised rolling stock maintenance
- Stiffness and irregularity measurement
- Influence of track defects on ground-borne vibration
- The effects of exposure to Track Maintenance on humans in buildings
Participation in this public workshop is free of charge.
To register online and secure your place, please click here:
All useful information (agenda, access plan, etc.) on the workshop is also available via the official RIVAS website www.rivas-project.eu