SUSTRAIL’s overall objective is to support the freight railway in regaining a primary position in freight transport.
This event will be the opportunity to discover the main results achieved by the project over the last 24 months. It will also be the occasion to be informed on the project’s upcoming activities and to pave the way for the exploitation of the project results.
The topics covered will include:
- Integrated approach for an increased performance in the freight rail system
- Current and future trends in freight systems and freight traffic flows
- Novel wheel profiles and improved breaking systems
- Improved bogie design and lightweight body shell
- Condition monitoring for the freight rail vehicle and for the rail track
- Performance based design principles towards a “zero” maintenance track
- LCC and RAMS analysis
- Novel business models, including user and environmental benefits, and technical implementation
Please register here: