30 railway experts from 15 countries have already responded to UIC’s survey on management of noise from stationary and parked trains, with a special focus on Europe. Thanks to this support, an initial analysis has already been conducted. In the next steps, the railway sector will have the chance to continue sharing experience on the topic with an extension of the survey.
Given the importance of involving the entire railway sector, UIC is pleased to invite noise experts from rolling stock manufacturers to participate in a dedicated survey. Infrastructure managers and operators still have the opportunity to share information on their issues, knowledge and solutions in relation to the topic. Let’s share our experience on this important topic to help make railways a good neighbour.
With 28 questions that will take around 30 minutes to complete, the online survey focuses on the following four areas.
- Regulatory frameworks (for infrastructure managers and operators)/specifications (for rolling stock manufacturers),
- Controlling parking noise,
- Measurement data.
To view the survey webpage, please visit https://uic.org/events/parked-and-stationary-trains
The deadline for survey completion is 31 January 2022.
- Survey link for rolling stock manufacturers: https://forms.office.com/r/cWc7mEUPNt
- Survey for railway operators and infrastructure managers: https://forms.office.com/r/Zv2HxLNnrd
- Definitions for stationary noise and parking noise: https://uic.org/events/parked-and-stationary-trains#Definitions