The latest audio-visual productions from railway and public transport companies are to be shown from 4-5 March 2010 at UIC HQ. The film programme will address corporate communications, commercials and TV spots, internal communications and training purposes (on safety, security, etc.), as well as TV documentaries. The two CineRail “professsional days” are part of the official programme of the 18th CineRail (International Festival ‘Train & Metro on Rail’) that will take place in Paris from 2-9 March 2010. This international event is co-founded and supported by UIC, SNCF, UITP and a large number of railway-related partners.
This unique international event entirely dedicated to audio-visual productions and films produced on railway themes has become, after 17 editions, a world-wide reference. It gives professionals dealing with railway communications an extremely valuable opportunity to share experiences and best practices in the production and use of audiovisuals. An international competition will be held to evaluate the quality and efficiency of the audio-visuals shown.
In preparation for this international event, railways companies are invited to register the films / audio-visuals they intend to screen, and to send a DVD to the Cinerail Organisation for an initial viewing and selection.
Relevant categories are:
• Corporate communications films (audiovisual ’business cards’, screening of large rail projects, etc.)
• Commercials, TV spots
• Internal communications on staff training, safety, security, etc.
• Documentaries produced for TV on railway issues
• Feature films (cinema, TV) produced with the support / sponsorship of UIC member railways
Technical specifications for a screening in Paris from 2-9 March (public screenings) or from 4-5 March at UIC HQ (professional days) are:
• Films with English voice-overs or subtitles
• Length not longer than a standard TV documentary (50’)
• Accepted formats: Betacam SP or Digital Betacam - DVD-R or DVD+R only
Information and registration online at www.cinerail-fest.com Contact: Etienne Mortini, CineRail, 23 allée de la 2e DB – F - 75015 Paris (France) - email@example.com
UIC Contact: Liesbeth de Jong, UIC Communications Department, Tel: + 33 1 44 49 20 53, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org