The professional rail sector represented by UIC is organising the Global Rail Freight Conference on 6 - 7 July 2010 in St Petersburg, at the kind invitation of the Russian Railways and their President, Mr Vladimir Yakunin.
The conference will kick-off with an opening ceremony followed by a grand opening session. High-level speakers such as Vladimir Yakunin, RZD President, and Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, UIC General Director, will welcome participants to Saint Petersburg. The first day will consist of a four-part programme, tackling topics such as the need to drive efficiency in combined traffic, legal harmonization and paperless transport, conditions for the success of landbridges and investing in the development of rail/
The second day will address important issues such as “Wagonload - thriving in North America, surviving in Europe?” and Green logistics. The conference will end with a grand closing session.
Finally a tour to Peterhof is organised on 7 July.
The conference will bring together high level speakers, with among others:
- Zoltan Kazatsay, Deputy Director General, DG MOVE
- Igor Levitin, Transport Minister Russian (tbc)
- Alexey Averin, Vice President International, RZD
- Martin Magold, Chief Sustainable Transport Section, UNECE
- Dr. Alexander Hedderich, CEO, DB Schenker Rail
- Dr. Karl-Friedrich Rausch, Board Member, DB
- Pierre Blayau, CEO, Geodis SNCF
- Ferdinand Schmidt, Member of the Executive Board, Rail Cargo Austria
- Dr. Sebastian Jürgens, Member of the Board, HHLA
- Lance Hockridge, CEO, Queensland Rail
- Dr. Hans-Jörg Bertschi, Chairman, Hupac
- Ralf Charley Schultze, Rail Director, GEFCO
- Tadeusz Szozda, Chairman OSJD
- Hisako Tsuji, Senior Economist, ERINA
- Anders Jönsson, CEO, DHL Rail
- Adrian Keller, Dep. CEO, SBB Cargo
- Vincenzo Soprano, CEO, Trenitalia
- Jacques Koch, General Manager, Purchasing & Procurement Europe, Arcelor Mittal
- Anatoliy Sivak, Director General, Belarus Railway
- Claude Samson, CEO, Monoprix Logistics
- Michel Hennemand, President B.I.C
- Rudy Colle, President, UIRR
A reminder that you need 10 working days to obtain a visa and that we can help you with the application procedure.