This training session is targeted at managers in decision-making posts in the transport sector in general and the railways in particular. It is also targeted at future ERTMS experts in countries planning to implement ERTMS in the near future.
The objective of this training course is to give a complete overview of all the features of ERTMS:
- Traffic Management System
- ERTMS worldwide implementation
- Background and legal framework and ERA European Railway Agency control process
- How it works and what are its components (ETCS European Train Control System, GSM-R Global System for Mobile Communications-Railways, Interlockings)
- Experience gained by commercial application (ETCS, GSM-R)
- Corridor approach (corridor A)
- Working session on an ERTMS Simulator
- ERTMS system evolution and specific solutions (Regional, Limited Supervision, In-fill, etc.)
- Contribution of ERTMS to a sustainable transport system (capacity, safety, economics, OpenETCS)
It is also an excellent occasion to build an international peer network.
- Managers in decision-making posts in the transport sector in general and in the railways in particular
- Staff of ministries and local authorities
- Academic institutions, consultants and associations or organisations