The International Conference on Train Control Command Signalling and Radio-Communication organised by UIC, Indian Railways and RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. will take place from 21 – 23 March 2013 in New Delhi, India.
This conference is a world level expression of cooperation in the railway Signalling and Radio-Communication domains, as a consequence of the growing importance of the international market and the vital needs of train operators and rail infrastructure managers, within the chain of transmission of information for train control, diagnosis, maintenance, efficient management and traffic control, passenger information and leisure.
It aims at enabling open, relevant and comprehensive information exchange on the state-of-the-art, technologies, needs and requirements, as well as the vision of future systems. Up to 600 Signalling and Telecommunication specialists and VIPs from around the world are expected. Participating representatives of major industries and developing centres may also have the opportunity to take part in interactive dialogue, to endorse the requirements, vision and position of the railways and to express their efficient responses and future developments.
The two sections of the conference, led by 30 renowned speakers carefully selected by UIC (train operating companies, infrastructure managers, railway suppliers), will debate subjects such as:
- Practical, real implementation of systems and lessons learned
- Interoperability, modularity and inter-changeability
- Consequences of rapid developments of technology – especially in the IT and radio-communication – IP introduction
- Increased role of common norms and standards in a globalised technology world
- Supply with guarantees for efficient life cycle operation
- Decisions on new regional railway projects
In more detail and in the scope of the conference, the conclusions and outputs should provide the railway train control command signalling and radio communication domains with a clear vision on achievements and of development tendancy with concrete approach to demonstrate:
- The capability of satisfying the basic needs and requirements for evolution in the rail transportation system
- The opportunities to adapt modern systems to specific needs and requirements urged by particular traffic and train operations, regional developments, national inheritance and other such considerations
- The maintenance of an efficient platform to largely federate the knowledge, the best practice, the converging requirements and assess the supply base for the systems in their evolution of techniques and technologies
- The provision of support to the win-win process in the user-manufacturer relationship, where understanding of requirements and competition shall be responding to the market and the use of leading technologies to assure migration based on large technology developments.
The results of the study on “PROOF OF CONCEPT TRIAL OF VSAT BASED TRAIN CONTROL COMMUNICATION SYSTEM” undertaken in 2012 by UIC will also be detailed during this conference.
This event is free for UIC members and open for participation to any company interested in these topics.
You can register online: http://www.uic.org/spip.php?article3028
We look forward to meeting you soon in Delhi from 21 – 23 March 2013.