UIC is pleased to announce the GSM-R (radio communications system for railways), Asset & Evolution Management Conference organised in partnership with the GSM-R Industry Group (IG) in Paris, UIC Headquarters, on 10 and 11 September 2013.
The conference aims at providing information on GSM-R’s present status, evolution, and strategy for the future; as well as supporting the railways to look at wider opportunities; and promoting the debate at the event and beyond and demonstrating GSM-R technology & applications.
From this perspective this event is an initiative which is preparatory and complementary to the forthcoming UIC ERTMS World Conference jointly organised with Turkish State Railways (TCDD) and planned to be held on 2 – 4 April 2014 in Istanbul.
The conference will debate targeted subjects such as:
- Status of GSM-R (implementation, ETCS, applications, lessons learnt)
- Common procurement & support methods
- GSM-R support for existing and new applications
- Status and technical solutions on interferences to GSM-R
- System management & performance monitoring
- European routing management
- Packet switching for ETCS
- Migration to IP challenges, including GSM-R migration
- Broadband improvements portfolio
- Future railway systems: co-existence & interoperability, what can broadband bring to operations?, security & intrusion, new UIC “FRMCS” Project (Future Railway Mobile Communication Systems)
Among the participants we are expecting stakeholders from the areas of telecoms, signalling and operation domains, authorities & standardisation bodies, as well as railways & rail transport experts, strategy decision makers, (e.g. EC, ECC, ETSI, 3GPP, Sector) and an international audience.
The event will include a demonstration of GSM-R Technology & Applications, proving the system maturity, its ease of use and fit for purpose, as well as the very large possibilities for additional applications that can foster railway applications for user satisfaction.
Register as soon as possible by completing the online registration form by 15 July 2013
at the latest at: http://uic.org/forms/spip.php?article1438
You can find more information (draft programme, venue, accommodation, registration fees etc.) at:http://www.uic.org/spip.php?article3085
A suppliers’ exhibition will be arranged at the same time.
We are looking forward to meeting you soon in Paris!