The UIMC, the International Union of Railway Medical Services, is an autonomous special group under the aegis of the UIC, the International Union of Railways with headquarters in Paris.
The UIMC Congress 2013 will take place from 8-11 October. The 8th is set aside for the UIMC management committee meeting and the congress itself is from the 9th to the 11th.
The conference programme is available here:
The UIMC performs the following tasks:
- Promotion and dissemination of medical progress in the railways
- Networking opportunities between railway medical officers aimed at exchanging information and medical knowledge
- Communication of specialist papers on railway medicine, regular inter-disciplinary and international exchange of medical knowledge at general assemblies and scientific conferences
- Promotion of medical research specific to the railways and application of the results in day-to-day practice
- Attainment of the highest possible level of railway operating safety and the best possible care for railway staff.