The 6th International annual Forum on Transportation with high level of service was held on 9 and 10 November at the prestigious Tongji University in Shanghai.
Tongji University is one of the leading universities directly under the State Ministry of Education in China. It offers degree programmes both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It registers over 50,000 students at all levels in the specialised areas of science, architecture, urban planning, civil engineering, mechanical, environmental sciences, electronics, information…
The main lectures focused on:
- Sustainable railway transportation where Marc Guigon (UIC) presented intermodality for ticketing:
1. Importance of the standards
2. Examples in Switzerland, Belgium and France
3. Presentation of the MERITS and PRIFIS UIC tools
- Urban transportation projects in China (Chongqing, Zhengzhou, Shenyang…)
- Transportation policies and planning in the cities, railways, ports and waterways
- Multimodality and hubs
- Techniques and evaluation of transport
Lanzhou University of Transport (formerly Lanzhou Railway University), which is situated in the province of Gansu in China, produces over 50,000 highly trained engineers and managers for both the railways and local transportation concerns.
In the past 55 years, Lanzhou University of Transport has made great achievements in teaching, scientific research, management and personnel training.
The University’s current enrollment totals over 30,000 students, including over 20,000 in the railway field. More than 5,000 students in the railway field graduate each year and become engineers or managers in railway companies and manufactories.
The main topics of this University consist of Rolling Stock, Infrastructure, Mechanics, Signalling…
The University comprises research centres with laboratories focused on mechanics, bridges and signalling with the development of one of the most advanced signalling systems in the world which is used in the Chinese railways.
The University, represented by the dean, Mr SHI Guangtian, the party secretary of the school, Mr WANG Hong, the vice dean, Mr SHANG Yuejin and the Professor Mr REN Muhua expressed their wish to Marc Guigon to sign an agreement with UIC in order to provide some lectures and build other cooperative links (send students to UIC, technical research…).
On 11 November 2013 Lanzhou University, Marc Guigon gave a lecture to 200 students and professors on three topics:
- Presentation of UIC
- Telematics applications for passengers, ticketing, new technologies, working groups at UIC
- MERITS and PRIFIS, central data bases for timetables, tariffs and fares