During the last UIC General Assembly in Tokyo on 6 July, the UIC Director General mentioned, among the activities to be launched in 2015, the implementation of the new online shop for ETF, the UIC subsidiary for railway technical publications.
ETF now has a bilingual (French-English) online shop selling UIC publications. It is now possible to consult UIC catalogues via the shop, make online purchases using a bank card, and download publications in electronic format.
By launching this shop, ETF aims to better respond to the needs of UIC Members and its customers, particularly with regard to the following aspects:
- Easier access to technical railway documentation via a subject menu (High Speed, Rolling Stock, Sustainable Development…)
- Full range of UIC publications clearly classified into the various product categories
- Research facilitated by a search engine with the possibility to sort and filter
- Direct orders and secure online banking transactions via individual accounts
- Instant download of products in electronic format once payment is approved
- Value-enhancing promotion of new products and UIC’s intellectual heritage