Following successful editions held in Rome (2005), Paris (2007), Brussels (2011) and Moscow (2013), the 5th NEXT STATION 2015 International Conference on Railway Stations will take place for the first time on the African continent in Marrakech, Morocco, from 21 – 23 October 2015.
Technical and cultural visits will be held on 23 October.
The NEXT STATION Organising Committee was held on 21 July 2015 in Marrakech with the participation of Moroccan Railways (ONCF), UIC and the professionals (PCOs, event organisers, the Palmeraie Resort) closely involved in the preparation of this important international event entirely dedicated to the planning and development, financing and operation of railway stations across the world.
This high-profile global railway event on the themes of station development and operations, will be hosted by Moroccan Railways (ONCF), and jointly organised with UIC.
The NEXT STATION Honorary Committee
The Honorary Committee of the NEXT STATION 2015 International Conference in Marrakech already includes the following prominent persons from Morocco and from the international rail transport sector:
The Honorary Committee of NEXT STATION 2015 is represented by:
Mr Abdel Aziz Rabbah, Minister of Equipment and Transport, Kingdom of Morocco,
Mrs Paulette Mengue M’Owono, Minister of Transport, Republic of Gabon
Mr Abdeslim Bekrate, Wali of the Marrakech Area
Mr Mohammed Rabie Khlie, Director General, ONCF, Chairman of UIC African Region
Mr Vladimir Yakunin, President JSC Russian Railways (RZD), UIC Chairman
Mr Michele Marco Elia, CEO of Italian Railways (FS Italiane), UIC Vice Chairman, Chairman of UIC Europe
Mr Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, UIC Director General
Mr Satoshi Seino, Chairman, East Japan Railway Company (EJRC), Chairman UIC Asia-Pacific Region
Mr Ömer Yildiz, President and CEO, Turkish State Railways (TCDD), Chairman of UIC Middle-East Region
Mr Mohammad Khalid Al Suwaiket, President, Saudi Railways Organisation (SRO), UIC Middle-East Vice Chairman
Mr Guilherme Quintella, Brazil, Chairman of UIC Latin American Region
NEXT STATION 2015 will be dedicated to the theme “Rethinking Stations for Future Intermobility”. This international event will provide a unique opportunity for high-level speakers and panellists to address all strategic issues related to the creation, development and operation of railway stations, such as project development and financing, station management, station and urban planning, the sustainable, eco-friendly railway station, facilities and design, commercial use of station space and services, multimodality and accessibility.
The NEXT STATION programme will include plenary sessions (opening and one round table), eight parallel sessions, a professional trade fair open to all partners and suppliers from the station sector, as well as a programme of technical and cultural visits.
Themes of the parallel sessions
- Design: Intermodality, capacity, flexibility, flow management, station typology, accessibility, sustainability etc.
- Technologies: Intermodal information, facility management, ticketing, services, security, etc.
- Comprehensive protection: Management of public space and intermodal security, feeling of security, design impacts, etc.
- Enhancing client experience: Services, shops, retail, cultural activities, intermodal system performance, accessibility, etc.
- Development & management of stations: Concepts, business approach, station to hub management, governance, urban integration, etc.
- Territories: Urban-local integration, urban impact, socio-economic impact, infrastructure financing, multiplicity of actors, intermobility, infrastructure, etc.
- Stations for high speed services: Specific services, traffic trends, flow management, impact on territories, etc.
- UIC activities and academic research
A poster session will also be held during the conference.
The conference will be held in the Palmeraie Resort in Marrakech. The resort is composed of a congress centre and two hotels, the Palmeraie Palace and the Golf Hotel, which will welcome all the participants.