UIC is happy to announce the 10th edition of its annual Noise Workshop to be held in Paris on 15 March 2016. The event will focus on initiatives at European level for the reduction of rail freight noise: topics will include the forthcoming Communication by the European Commission on Rail Freight Noise, track maintenance for noise control, national developments and the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation.
As in previous years high level officers and other key stakeholders will present these topics and answer questions.
Already confirmed speakers are:
- Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director General International Union of Railways
- Libor Lochman, Executive Director Community of European Railways
- Stephen Stansfeld, Professor of Psychiatry Queen Mary University London & Chair of the working group for the WHO Environmental Noise Guidelines for the European Region
- Marco Paviotti, Policy Officer DG ENV
- Marcin Wojcik, Policy Officer DG MOV
Railway Noise Control has always been an environmental concern for railways. In October 2005, the first workshop was organised as a platform to present the technical progress of the noise action plan of UIC/UIP/CER and to discuss the implications of implementing the Environment Noise Directive (2002/49). Since then the annual Noise Workshop has been organized around a specific noise question.
The Noise Workshop is free of charge. Secure you seat now by registering at the following link: http://www.uic.org/events/spip.php?article3434