NEXT STATION, the 5th International Conference on Railway Stations, will take place next week from 20 (evening) – 23 October, in Marrakech. The overall theme of the conference is “Rethinking Stations for Future Intermobility”.
Register at www.nextstation2015.com
This international conference held under the High Patronage of His Majesty King Mohammed VI of Morocco, and jointly organised by UIC and ONCF, will attract decision-makers from all continents involved in the planning and operations of railway stations.
The conference will be held at the Palmeraie Resort in Marrakech. The resort is composed of a congress centre and two hotels, the Palmeraie Palace and the Golf Hotel, which will welcome all the participants.
Themes of the parallel sessions:
- Development & management of stations: Concepts, business approach, station to hub management, governance, urban integration, etc.
- Comprehensive protection: Management of public space and intermodal security, feeling of security, design impacts, etc.
- Territories: Urban-local integration, urban impact, socio-economic impact, infrastructure financing, multiplicity of actors, intermobility, infrastructure, etc.
- Design 1: Intermodality, capacity, flexibility, flow management, station typology, accessibility, sustainability etc.
- Enhancing client experience: Services, shops, retail, cultural activities, intermodal system performance, accessibility, etc.
- Technologies: Intermodal information, facility management, ticketing, services, security, etc.
- Stations for high speed services: Specific services, traffic trends, flow management, impact on territories, etc.
- Design 2: Intermodality, capacity, flexibility, flow management, station typology, accessibility, sustainability etc.
Technical visits are planned on 23 October.
We look forward to welcoming you to Marrakech next week!