A Korean delegation was welcomed at UIC Headquarters on 22 February 2016.
The delegation was composed of:
- Young-seok, Seo, General Manager, Management Research Department of Korail Research Institute
- Lee, Sang-Jae, Senior Researcher, Management Research Department of Korail Research Institute
- Kim, Jeong Ho, General Manager of Architecture and Equipment Department (Station Design)
- Woo Jae, Shin, Deputy Manager of the Design Criteria Division (Standardisation of Stations)
- Kong, Yoo-Joo, Director of Hyewonkaci Architects
- Won, Ki-Jung, Department head of Hyewonkaci Architects
- Lee, Jennifer Interpreter
UIC was represented by Marc Guigon, Senior Advisor for Passenger Transport and Jacques Colliard, Head of the Security Division.
The main topics discussed were as follows:
- Intelligent video surveillance
- What kind of security equipment is installed in European railway stations?
- Calculation of station surface area
- Design of the railway stations
- How to improve security in small stations, or if the tracks are not dedicated to traffic?
- Criteria of quality on stations
- Complex role of stations: transport activity, commercial zones, public places
- Security and attractiveness of the stations
- Common work in progress between Station Manager Global Group (SMGG) and security
Korail is extremely interested in participating in SMGG to work on the issue of security of stations.