Mike Putnam has been appointed by Network Rail as a non-executive director, replacing Malcolm Brinded CBE, who retired from the Board in July 2016.
Mr Putnam was most recently President & CEO of Skanska UK plc, having joined the business in 1995. He is a Chartered Engineer, a Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers and also a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Over more than 25 years, Mike has become experienced in infrastructure development as well as construction and operational delivery. He has a background of successfully driving operational performance and business improvements.
He will also sit on Network Rail’s Safety, Health and Environment committee.
Network Rail chair, Sir Peter Hendy CBE, said: “I welcome Mike who will bring valuable engineering experience to the Board.”
There are two further senior appointments to announce with two new members of Network Rail’s executive committee:
- Alison Rumsey has been appointed as group human resources director
- Caroline Murdoch has been appointed group communications director
Notes to editors:
- Mike Putnam is a non-executive director of Southern Water and his appointment to the Board is effective from 8 January 2018.
- Alison Rumsey’s new role is effective immediately having joined Network Rail as HR director for infrastructure projects in 2015 and having held very senior HR roles in Government departments since 2009.
- Caroline Murdoch will join on 26 February from her current role as deputy director (and director of corporate affairs) of the National Crime Agency and was previously the director of corporate affairs at Transport for London.
(Source: Network Rail)