The Scientific Committee and Organising Committees met in Ankara on 21 March 2018, at the kind invitation of TCDD.
UIC was represented by Marc Guigon, Director of UIC’s Passenger department, Paul Véron, Director, Hervé Aubert, Communications department, and Michel Leboeuf, Advisor for High-Speed Rail. TCDD and CMS Project representatives also participated in the meetings.
The following points were discussed during the Scientific Committee meeting:
- Presentation of the IT tool planned for use by all participants via app or website
- Opening and closing ceremony scenarios, which have been adjusted to take timings for speeches into account
- A special slot during the closing ceremony has been dedicated to the Universities Alliance, whose aims are to open and promote high-speed rail to the academic world and to boost research in high-speed rail
- The digital session has been organised
- Awards for students have been discussed, taking into account that many students have responded the call launched by TCDD
The following points were discussed during the Organising Committee meeting:
- Congress website
- Opening video
- Launch of a 5th flyer in one month’s time, to include more specific information
- Point of registration. Follow the link: http://app.ver.us/uic-highspeed2018
- General programme, including training sessions for moderators
- Update on information received from speakers
- Logistical issues at the Congress Centre. A visit to the Congress Centre facilitated decisions
- Congress bag
- Communication plan
- Exhibition area
- Technical visits
The next Scientific and Organising Committee meetings are planned for 12 April 2018 in Ankara.