On 22 – 23 November 2018, the UIC Security Division attended the 69th General Assembly of Colpofer hosted by SNCF at the Security Academy located in Ermont (near Paris), France.
During the Assembly, Franco Fiumara from FS SpA was re-elected chairman of Colpofer and Maria-Cristina Fiorentino as General Secretary. Gerd Neubeck from DBAG was also elected member of the coordination group.
The conference focused on the topic “addressing threats: training of specialised security agents”. Representatives from the SNCF security department and from the French National Authorities provided presentations on the ongoing security related activities in France. It was also the opportunity to have a live demonstration of some of the exercises conducted at the SNCF security academy among them the decision support system simulator, the Explosive Detection Canine Unit and canine defence in a confined environment.
Kathrin Faber and Marie-Hélène Bonneau from the UIC Security Division presented the ongoing work within the UIC security platform as listed below:
- 14th annual Security Congress held in Slovenia from 14 – 18 October 2018
- Crisis management: publication of recommendations beginning of 2019
- Network of quick responders with two ongoing topics: use of body cameras and security organisation
- Rail Security Hub that will be online beginning of 2019
- EU SHERPA project (Shared and coHerent European Railway Protection Approach) funded by DG home and that started on 1 November 2018 and will last two years
The forthcoming security events are as follows:
- 5 – 6 December 2018, Brussels: Security Research Event 2018 organised by the EU
- 22 January 2019, Brussels: SHERPA EU Project Workshop on Terrorist Risk Assessment and Management
- 13 – 14 June 2019, Stockholm: Colpofer General Assembly
- 18 – 20 June 2019, Paris: UIC Security Week with the annual seminar on topics resulting from the network of quick responders, SHERPA progress meeting and the UIC Security awareness day