Register here: https://nextstation.org/
UIC is organising the 7th edition of the international conference on railway stations, UIC nextstation, to be held in Tehran from 11 – 13 November 2019 with “Railway Stations Boosting the City” as the main theme. The conference will be hosted by the Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran (RAI).
The purpose of this event is to understand how railway stations can/should impact the city in a positive way. Sessions will focus on: Station Design (urban planning), Sustainability, Smart Solutions for Stations, Services & Commercial activities, Station Design (building approach), Mobility, Accessibility & Door-to-Door Solutions, Security & Safety, Station Management & Financing.
The participants of the technical visit will stay in the beautiful Abbasi Hotel of Isfahan, the oldest 400-year-old hotel in Iran (http://www.abbasihotel.ir/en) on 12 November.
- The participants will pay in cash for the hotel or they may have an online reservation on the hotel website
- Isfahan, Iran’s top tourist destination, with many tourist attractions
- Isfahan, a historical city with impressive monuments, buildings, architecture
- Isfahan, a museum where people live
- Isfahan is like a piece of jewellery among the cities of Iran
- All the participants interested in the technical visit of Isfahan should announce their intention to go to Isfahan on the registration form of the conference
- A charter ﬂight will leave from Tehran to Isfahan on the evening of 12 November.
- The participants will return to Tehran by air on the evening of 13 November.
- It is recommended that the participants reserve their flights back to their destination in the early morning of 14 November; otherwise please ask RAI for more coordination and information (email@example.com).