Global rail transport leaders will gather in Warsaw for the 9th International Railway Summit to debate how digital technologies can create the smooth, interconnected, and sustainable transport of the future. The summit will take place at the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria from 19 – 21 February 2020.
Over a two-day conference programme, influential stakeholders and technical pioneers will give their perspectives on the following topics:
- Connected governance: Can disruptive technology drive seamless mobility?
- Smart multimodality: Should we compete or collaborate?
- Standardising our way through barriers to system efficiency
- Driverless freight trains: A game changer for global trade?
- Digital as passport to secure and smooth intercontinental rail freight
- #flygskam: An opportunity for rail to lead on climate change?
- Can we guarantee secure communications in the age of 5G, big data and IoT?
International Railway Summit (IRS) is a high-level meeting of governments, rail operators, solution providers and other key stakeholders. UIC has actively participated in IRS in Europe and Asia since 2013 and has been its Supporting Partner since 2016.
The Warsaw Summit, held in Poland for the first time, will debate ‘Breaking down barriers through digital transformation’ and will be chaired by Francis Bédel, UIC’s Chief Digital Officer.
UIC’s Director General François Davenne will deliver a keynote in the opening flagship session, discussing how disruptive mobility could lead to seamless travel.
Other UIC representatives will include Jean-Michel Evanghelou, Head of Telecoms & Signalling, Simon Fletcher, Director Standards & Coordinator Europe, and Sandra Géhénot, Director Freight.
Speakers include senior representatives from the European Commission, the Polish Ministry of Infrastructure, the Indian Ministry of Railways, the European Investment Bank (EIB), French National Railways (SNCF), Amtrak, Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB), DB Cargo, Rail Baltica, Paris Transport (RATP), International Air Transport Association (IATA), Shift2Rail, the Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER), the Association of the European Rail Industry (UNIFE), the European Passengers Federation, Alstom and the World Customs Organisation (WCO).
The event features:
- A full conference programme delivered by thought leaders
- Bespoke one-to-one meetings with technical experts
- High-level networking over coffee, lunches, dinners, and site visits
UIC member organisations are eligible for free VIP passes, subject to conditions and availability.
Please follow this link to request your place at the summit: