For the first time, UIC is publishing a work programme, endorsed by its members at the last general assembly in December 2019. This strategic document reflects a holistic approach inspired by the priorities of the sector. Being the technical body of the railway operating community, UIC highlights here its added value and how it can deliver what is needed for an innovative railway system.
This document covers the period 2020-2022 and aims to give a global overview of key challenges, events and deliverable in the years to come.
The document is organised around the strategic focus areas that will lead the many UIC work streams over the next three years:
- Promote rail worldwide
- The fundamentals: safety, security and training
- Develop a system vision with a digital drive
- Rail freight as the backbone of the worldwide logistic chain
- Rail as the transport mode of choice for passengers
- Promote sustainable carbon free transport
- Efficient, transparent management for the benefit of our Members
The document is available here: