CineRail, the unique international film festival dedicated to trains and the world of railways on film, will celebrate its 20th edition in October 2012 in Paris.
CineRail, an internationally-recognised professional and cultural event:
- Presents each year a selection of feature films and documentaries from around the world, onboard trains or in stations, or films illustrating people’s lives, travellers and railway staff
- Has enabled over 2,000 films from 5 continents to be shown to the public (50,000 spectators) and professionals over the course of 19 editions
- Serves as an occasion for exchange between professionals from railway companies/industries and professionals from the cinema and communications world
- Presents the latest films and audiovisuals for railway companies
- Features an international jury of professionals which rewards the most talented and effective productions from railway companies
Latest film productions from UIC members
In preparation for CineRail’s 20th anniversary and for the international film competition 2012, all UIC member railways and their partners (industries, institutions) are invited to send UIC copies of their latest films and audiovisual productions (preferably produced in 2011, and possibly 2010).
These film productions can serve following objectives:
- Institutional, corporate communications
- Special events: railway anniversaries, history and heritage, etc.
- Commercials, TV spots
- Films produced for training purposes (staff training in commercial issues, etc.)
- Films on safety and security
Copies in DVD or other professional format are to be sent to UIC Communications Department, Paul Véron (CineRail), 16 rue Jean Rey, F-75015 Paris, France