UIC, in close cooperation with both Jordan’s Aqaba Railway Corporation (ARC) and Jordan’s Hejaz Railway (JHR), is organising the high-level conference entitled “Rail Vision, Projects and Perspectives for the Middle-East – Towards an Integrated, Competitive, Rail Transport System.”
This conference, coordinated by the UIC Middle-East Region (UIC RAME chaired by Turkish Railways TCDD), and benefitting from the High Patronage of the Minister of Transport of Jordan, will take place from 4 – 5 November 2012 in Amman (Le Méridien Hotel), Kingdom of Jordan.
This high-level conference will provide a unique opportunity to gain a general overview of all railway projects being planned or in construction in the Middle-East, to underline the coherence between these national projects with a view to developing a “regional” network and gain strong support from authorities, stakeholders and potential investors.
Jordan’s Minister of Transport Mr Hashem R. Al-Masaeid has invited all transport ministers from the region to personally attend this important railway conference.
As indicated in the programme, the high-level conference will include:
- Presentations by attending transport ministers on the future role of railways in their respective transport policies
- Presentations by railway presidents/director-generals of railway master plans and main projects in each country (including intermodal projects)
- Presentations by international institutions/regional organisations of their respective contributions/activities to support the development of railways in the Middle-East
- The challenges of interoperability and railway standards (by UIC)
- Presentations by partners/potential partners from the rail sector and private sector (railway engineering companies, banks, investors and business partners, partners from the maritime and intermodal sectors, logistics, port, industry, etc.)
The high-level conference will be open to international media.