http://www.uic.org/spip.php?article...Following the success of the first workshop held in September 2011, Serbian Railways and UIC jointly organised the 2nd South East Environment Workshop in Belgrade.
The Workshop presented to over 50 railways experts of the South East European region practical solutions for their key environmental issues, enabled the exchange of best practices, and created a network among experts of the region.
Over two days, presentations were made by many experts from many different countries and organisations, including
- Ministry of Energy, Development and Environment, Republic of Serbia
- Dutch Environmental Protection Agency
- WWF, Serbia
- Croatian Railways Infrastructure
- Railways of Montenegro
- Deutsche Bahn
- Institute of Transportation CIP Belgrade
- Witteveenbos Engineering Company
- Faculty of Technical Sciences, Novi Sad
- Technical University of Vienna
- Serbian Railways
The event, which is now a regular annual part of the UIC calendar, will take place in 2013 in Croatia. As well as providing technical information, the goal is to create and support a network of environmental railway experts in the South East Europe region, where many railways are dealing with a number of pressing environmental issues. The UIC support for this activity is fully endorsed by UIC members, represented through the Environment, Energy and Sustainability Platform.