Striving for excellence in transport safety
How to reach Vision Zero in road and railway safety – welcome to Stockholm in June to share best practice, innovation and challenges. Save the date: 4 – 5 June 2013
In the past, more traffic on roads and railways resulted in more casualties. But recent initiatives by governments, academia and business life across the globe have shown that this trend can be reversed.
The aim of the Towards Zero Conference is to provide new impetus to promote road and railway safety on a strategic level. The main focus is on best practice, innovation and challenges. Policy makers along with high-level representatives from business life and international academia will share experiences, find common goals and discuss the way forward.
The main themes of the conference are:
- Safety management – new demands concerning responsibility and accountability can promote safety
- Safety culture – safety must be a key issue in the whole organisation to achieve results
- Liveable cities – more urban dwellers is a growing challenge for safety in transport and infrastructure design
- Connectivity and safe communication – increasing number of safety-related services, e.g. “pay how you drive” insurances. Discussions and examples
- Automated transport – growing need for vehicle and infrastructure designers to cooperate as automated systems develop for the transport sector
The Towards Zero Conference is being arranged by the Swedish Transport Administration together with the Minister for Infrastructure, Catharina Elmsäter-Svärd.