We are pleased to inform you that the ERTMS Training will be held from 22 – 24 January 2014 at Paris UIC HQ.
The European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) is a “major European industrial project” to enhance cross-border interoperability and signalling procurement by creating a single Europe-wide standard for railway signalling with the final aim of improving the competitiveness of the rail sector. The ERTMS Training Programme aims at giving a complete overview of the ERTMS system at international level.
The training, led by experts in the field and keynote speakers, addresses:
- Managers in decision-making posts in the transport sector in general and in the railways in particular
- Staff of ministries and local authorities
- Academic institutions, consultants, technical and economic associations and organisations
- Traffic Management System
- European background and legal framework
- European Railway Agency (ERA) control process
- ERTMS worldwide implementation
- ERTMS system evolution and specific solutions (Regional, Limited Supervision, In-fill ...)
- Working session on an ERTMS onboard simulator
- The benefits of this training include:
- Complete overview of ERTMS in all its features
- How it works and its main components (ETCS European Train Control System, GSM-R Global System for Mobile Communications for Railways, Interlockings)
- Experience gained by commercial application (ETCS, GSM-R)
- Corridor approach
- Contribution of ERTMS to a sustainable transport system (capacity, safety, economics, open ETCS)
To ensure the training is of high quality, places are limited. Register quickly to benefit from the reduced Early-Bird fee!
Programme and registration at the following address: