Following the two successful workshops held in Berlin, UIC (the International Union of Railways), and UNIFE (the Association of the European Rail Industry) are glad to invite you to the 3rd RIVAS Workshop to be hosted by UNIFE in Brussels on 9 October 2013.
This event will give you the opportunity to be informed on how to effectively control the causes of railway induced ground vibrations addressing the aspects of rolling stock and track maintenance.
Discover the key and most promising track & rolling stock maintenance as well as mitigation measures for vehicles to reduce excitation of ground vibration at source and network with our panellists and participants!
- Excitation mechanisms of ground borne vibration;
- Basics of train/track interaction;
- Important design parameters for vehicles;
- Influence of different types of wheel out-of-roundness on wheel-rail contact forces;
- The art of wheel reprofiling;
- Solutions for optimised rolling stock maintenance;
- Stiffness and irregularity measurements;
- Influence of track defects on ground-borne vibration;
- The effects of track maintenance on human exposure in buildings.
Save the date of 9 October 2013 and register online to secure your place!
Provisional programme, online registration and more information on the venue are available here http://www.uic.org/forms/spip.php?article1441 and also via the RIVAS website.
To know more about the project, visit www.rivas-project.eu.