The deadline for abstract submission is extended
On behalf of the 24th International Railway Safety Council (IRSC) Organising Committee, consisting of Deutsche Bahn AG and the German Federal Railway Authority (Eisenbahn-Bundesamt), UIC would like to inform you that the abstract submission for the 24th International Railway Safety Council (IRSC 2014) has been extended until 14 April 2014.
This year’s 24th International Railway Safety Council will deal with the topic of “Railway safety in times of changes”. Therefore, the changes due to technical developments, political influences and societal reasons are going to be analysed in the presentations and discussions. Additionally,
the IRSC 2014 highlights the impact of economical, ecological and competitive aspects on railway safety and will address the aspects of fundamental changes in relation to:
- Effects of standardised safety management systems
- Experience with risk and hazard management and interaction of all players in the railway system
- Approaches and instruments for maintaining and improving railway safety
- Methods and options for preserving railway safety knowledge in changing environments
- More information concerning the abstract submission is published on the IRSC-homepage, www.irsc2014.org where you will also find details about registration.
UIC supports and participates in the IRSC in Berlin. As a major sponsoring partner UIC offers the Farewell Party, which will take place at the “Kaiserbahnhof” (historical station) in Potsdam on Wednesday, 15 October 2014.
The IRSC presentations and discussions will run from Sunday, 12 October, to Wednesday, 15 October 2014, at the Maritim Hotel Berlin. On Thursday, 16 October, and Friday, 17 October 2014, a programme of technical visits will be proposed.
The hosts and sponsors will be very happy to welcome you to Berlin in October!