The International Railway Association, UIC, will hold the 10th UIC Noise Workshop in Paris on 15 March 2016.
This event will focus on the latest issues at European level for the management of railway noise. Topics will include the recently published Staff Working Document (SWD) on rail freight noise reduction, REFIT of the Environmental Noise Directive, forthcoming guidance on noise from the World Health Organisation (WHO) in addition to communication and managing relationships with residents living close to railway lines.
As in previous years, speakers will be invited to represent the major stakeholders, including UIC, CER, European Commission (DG MOV & DG ENV), WHO working groups, noise specialists from other transport sectors, experts in communication and managing relationships with residents groups in addition to representatives of residents groups.
Opportunities will be provided for participants to ask questions directly to European Commission policy officers and other key stakeholders as well as to discuss the current issues.
There is no charge for participation; however places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To reserve your place please complete the form in the link below:
Confirmed speakers include:
Moderator: Jakob Oertli, Chairman of the UIC Noise Expert Network & SBB
- Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director-General UIC
- Libor Lochman, Executive Director Community of European Railways
- Marco Paviotti, Policy Officer DG ENV
- Marcin Wojcik, Policy Officer DG MOV
- Stephen Stansfeld, Queen Mary University London & Chair of the working group for the WHO Environmental Noise Guidelines for the European Region
- Richard Greer, Director of Acoustics ARUP
- Peter Ettler, President Swiss Noise Organisation (Schweizer Lärm Liga)
- Dominique Bidou, Chairman CIBD
- Nick Craven, Sustainable Development Manager UIC
- Marina Bylinsky, Environmental Strategy & Intermodality Airports Council International