Final programme can be consulted here:
Welcome to Milan!
Following the long successful history of ERTMS Conferences (Brussels February-March 2016, Istanbul April 2014, Stockholm March 2012, Malaga March-April 2009…), the International Union of Railways (UIC), in close cooperation with Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane (FS Group), is organising the 1st UIC Global Conference on Signalling, focusing on “The Evolution of ERTMS” in Milan, from 25 – 28 March 2018.
This will be a worldwide forum for stakeholders, professionals, local authorities, research institutes and anyone interested in understanding the current trends of modern railway signalling and how the ERTMS system is evolving in the world.
Schedule of the conference:
Sunday 25 March: 18:00 Drinks reception at Milan MiCo Convention Centre
Monday 26 to Tuesday 27th March included: Programme sessions
Monday 26 March: Gala dinner
Wednesday 28 March: Technical visits
The welcome and the opening sessions will be delivered by high-level keynote speakers:
- Welcome introduction Mr Jean-Pierre LOUBINOUX - Director General, UIC
- Welcome by Mr Renato MAZZONCINI - Chairman UIC and CEO
- FS Welcome by Mr Giuseppe SALA - Mayor of Milan
- The political and technical authorities will address the participants and provide their vision on the main key drivers for the next development of ERTMS across the world
Keynote speeches by:
- Mr Renato Mazzoncini - President of UIC and CEO of FS Group
- Mr Karel Vinck - EU Coordinator for ERTMS overall program
- Mr Josef Doppelbauer - ERA Executive Director
- Mr Philippe Citroën - UNIFE Director General
- Mr Libor Lochman - CER Executive Director
- Mr Massimiliano Salini - Member of European Parliament