UIC and OSJD experts attended meetings of the OSJD Permanent Working Group on IT and Coding (PWG CI) held on 20 – 23 March 2018 in Vilnius.
On behalf of Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, UIC Director General, the UIC delegation gave assurance that the strategical visions of both organisations would be easily shared and achieved within the domains of IT and digitalisation.
Experts discussed the working plan for 2018 and took note of the results on the following topics of the agenda:
- State-of-the-art on updating the Joint OSJD / UIC Leaflet O 920-13.
- Updating the Regulations of the OSJD / UIC Joint Group on “Coding and Informatics".
- Update of OSJD and UIC Regulations on the management of company codes including its annexes.
- Update of the joint OSJD / UIC Leaflet O 917-5.
- Preparation for the 72nd meeting of the OSJD / UIC Joint Group on “Coding and Informatics”.
- Tasks to be implemented further on the OSJD website.
Discussions were held under the following items:
Under item 1 of the agenda
The meeting was informed that the UIC representative sent on 17 October 2017 the coordinated information of Annex 7 (Coding of accompanying documents), Part III of the Joint OSJD / UIC Leaflet O 920-13 to the UIC IT Study group “Unified coding and the structure of the data required in the international cargo message”. The leading performer [ZSKK CARGO] presented a non-paper material containing the updated draft Leaflet O 920-13 which includes:
- Addition of the data in Annex 3, “Sender’s applications”, Annex 6 “Carrier’s applications” of Part III linked to amendments to Annex 1 to the SMGS (Section II, paragraph 8);
- Updated Annex 7 of Part III “Codes of accompanying documents” based on the results of code synchronisation with the UIC version.
Resulting from review, it was proposed to supplement the data of Appendix 3 and Annex 6 of Part III with the information of Annex 6 to the SMGS “Manual on CIM / SMGS Consignment”.
The leading performer (ZSKK CARGO) is supposed to complete tasks:
- To finalise the draft of Leaflet O 920-13 by the end of March 2018;
- To summarise suggestions and comments of working group experts and present the consolidated version of Leaflet O 920-13 to UIC IT Study group meeting on 11 April 2018.
Under item 2 of the agenda
The meeting was introduced with the draft “Regulations of the OSJD / UIC Joint Group on Coding and Informatics”.
The non-paper material was uploaded to the internal portal of the OSJD website by the leading performer [PJSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”] who commented on the draft Regulation.
Leading performers JSC Russian Railways and Ukrzaliznytsia are supposed to submit a consolidated draft Regulation to the 72nd meeting of the OSJD / UIC Joint Group on “Coding and Informatics”.
Under item 3 of the agenda
The meetings were informed of the state of play of the project “OSJD and UIC regulations on the management of company codes” including its annexes.
The non-paper material was uploaded to the internal portal of the OSJD website by the leading performer PJSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” who together with UIC (Ms. Maria Lafont) are supposed to prepare a consolidated version of the “OSJD and UIC regulations on the management of company codes” and submit it to the next meeting of OSJD / UIC Joint Group on “Coding and Informatics”.
Under item 4 of the agenda
The meeting was introduced with the status of the draft of Joint OSJD / UIC Leaflet O 917-5 “Hermes System”. On 15 January 2018 OSJD received from the UIC (Mr Patrick Mantell) the new draft version of the Leaflet developed by the UIC expert group which has been distributed among OSJD railways using the Hermes System: CJSC MAV, PKP, JSC RZD, JSR, CJSC Rail Cargo Hungaria and PJSC Ukrzaliznytsya.
The non-paper material (draft of the Leaflet) was uploaded to the internal portal of the OSZJ website by the leading performer.
Since there were no comments from the railways using the “Hermes System” it is therefore advisable to the 72nd meeting of the OSJD / UIC Joint Group on “Coding and Informatics” to agree and accept the final version of Leaflet O 917-5.
Under item 5 of the agenda
UIC’s representative explained to the meeting about the preparation (non-paper materials) for the 72nd meeting of the Joint OSJD / UIC Group on “Coding and Informatics” scheduled for 30 – 31 May 2018 in Brussels.
- Agreed on the Draft Provisional Agenda;
- Took note of the information given by the UIC representative about the preparation of the seminar on TAF / TAP TSI to be combined with the 72nd meeting of the OSJD / UIC Joint Group “Coding and Informatics”.
Under item 6 of the agenda
The modernisation of the OSJD external website by the management company In-Ex LLC was been assessed and discussed. The meeting provided the In-Ex LLC company with clarifications and recommendations, without which the project was not able to be launched.
The meeting decided:
- To ask the In-Ex LLC company to begin the design work for the modernisation of the OSJD website in accordance with the schedule.
- It is inadvisable to upload documents in the format of an html-page consisting of hyperlinks to international standards.
- The meeting asked to analyse with the In-Ex LLC experts the possibility of implementing distributed access to documents on the OSJD website.