At the request of the members of the UIC Security Platform, we invite you to a dedicated Expert Workshop on FFCCTV and body cameras, which will be held from 26 – 27 February 2019 at UIC HQ (Paris). This will be the opportunity to exchange experiences, best practice and have a look at future developments. Don’t miss this event and save the date!
In the light of the high number of responses to the 7th network of quick responders question in April 2018 (see eNews 603) about the use of FFCCTV, the UIC Security Division organised a dedicate expert workshop on 12 September 2018 (see eNews 614). The members unanimously requested to continue the exchange. Therefore, we will deepen our discussions about FFCCTV on 26 February 2019.
The following aspects are currently foreseen:
- Smartphone solution for viewing recorded images
- Results of a test trial
- Further case studies by an experienced FFCCTV-member
- Regulations for the use of FFCCTV
- Restriction of the data protection regulation
Together with UITP, a survey regarding the use of body cameras was carried out in October 2018 (see eNews 625). As a first action, a webinar was organised on 13 December 2018 to present over 35 participants the survey results (see eNews 627).
On the 27th we will discuss inter alia about:
- Best practice/sharing of experiences by different practised members (in use and current pilots)
- Solving challenges according to the GDPR rules
- Sharing experiences about voice and prerecording
- Staff behaviour and conflict management
Network of quick responders:
The network of quick responders, implemented since April 2017, gives the members of the UIC Security Platform the possibility to exchange fast information about arising security questions. Since its start, the members have already used the network 13 times to ask their questions regarding:
- Awareness of radicalised employees
- Use of Air Drones
- Attacks related to religious extremism
- Attacks against maintenance staff
- Anti-smoking policy at railway stations
- Security of women in railway transport
- Use of FFCCTV
- Aggression against ticket inspectors
- Mystery Customer
- Use of AEDs
- Use of body cameras
- Security Organisation
- CBRN (on-going)
Don’t hesitate to use the security network in case of a security issue.